Thursday, April 1, 2010

Gradually becoming brighter and more beautiful

my heart was bruised by disappointment, but my heart has healed.
my heart was torn by what i desired deeply, but i conceded and now it is being made whole.
my hopes were placed in foreign ideas and unfit destinations.
my mind was set on what seemed good enough, and my passion pushing for what seemed right.
but when i settled down, wiped away the tears, caught my breath, and could see beyond the clouded contacts, i saw something beautiful.
i saw me.
i saw me apart from the additives that i was busy compiling to increase my worth.
i saw me, just me.
and in that moment i had hope of something more resilient, something intentional, something purposed, something beautiful.
now seeing what is beautiful, i see His beauty all around me.
i see it in the flowers in front of my picture window.
i see it in the mountains covered in a gray haze.
i see it in a garden blossoming tomatoes and lilies.
i see it in YOU.
i see His hand in it.
i see that He has made it beautiful.

"All of us! Nothing between us and God, our faces shining with the brightness of his face. And so we are transfigured much like the Messiah, our lives gradually becoming brighter and more beautiful as God enters our lives and we become like him."

2 Corinthians 3:18 Msg

2 comments:

I Began in Innocence said...

Quite beautiful, you know... I am blessed to have a daughter that reaches into her own soul that other souls might be healted!

Anonymous said...

this was beautiful!

sigh...

i need to peek out from under my clouded contacts...